Sunday, February 24, 2008

Blog #5

I loved learning about power point this last week. I was kind of familiar with the basics regarding power point but was not aware of all of the great features available to me. I have already put what I learned to use in a few of my other classes. I have used power point to make presentation before but, now that I have learned more about it, I realize that I had made previous presentation too wordy and distracting. Power point can be used many ways in the classroom. Of course, it can be used for lectures so that all of the students can see as well as hear what I am teaching. It can be used to create fun games that relate to classroom material. Power point can be used to create a visual agenda for each day so that students can know what the day will be structured like. Also, students can be taught how to use power point for their own presentations. The Inspiration software was also really neat. I think that Inspiration will be very valuable in helping students to organize their writing. For both teachers and students, the technology that we learned about this week will provide a more fun, more engaging, and more interactive learning environment. Bloom’s taxonomy was interesting, I’m not sure that I really understand how it can be used as a study guide for students but I think that it is a great template for teachers to use when creating tests and assignments.

No comments: